Man calls for firework ban after dog was spooked, run over and killed

Questions ArchiveCategory: ExamsMan calls for firework ban after dog was spooked, run over and killed
Luca Hartwell asked 5 months ago

A heartbroken dog owner has called for a ban on the sale of fireworks after her beloved pet was spooked by an explosion and killed by a car. Here is more in regards to Pets Cares visit the page.  

Fiona Longworth, 47, was walking her Spanish rescue dog Sol near their home in Dunbar, East Lothian, when a firework whizzed past them.

The two-year-old Collie Greyhound cross had never been scared of fireworks before but the intensity of the loud bang, which was followed by a number of other explosions, spooked the pooch as it slipped its collar and ran off.

A frantic search was launched, but the terrified dog ran for over three miles before he was struck by a car and killed instantly on the A1. 

Fiona, who runs The Argyle and Cellar Bar in Edinburgh, has been left absolutely heartbroken and she is now desperate for fireworks to be banned.

Fiona Longworth, 47, has called for a ban on the sale of fireworks after her beloved dog Sol was spooked by an explosion and killed by a car 

She was walking the Spanish rescue dog near their home in Dunbar, East Lothian, when a firework whizzed past them, scaring the pooch who then ran for over three miles before he was hit by a car on the A1 

Speaking to the Daily Record, Fiona said: ‘We are just absolutely destroyed. I can’t eat, I can’t sleep – we were just so fond of him. 

Your Answer

3 + 4 =

css.php